Our serious attention has been drawn on a video footage made public in a Facebook page of Nagarik News, regarding the fabricated, confusing and false opinion given by Ganga Maya Adhikari on a heading Deception by Human Rights Activists, targeting INSEC immediate past chairperson Subodh Raj Pyakurel. In a video footage, Adhikari falsely alleged Pyakurel of “depositing 1 billion to acquit criminal, imprisoning her son despite of providing justice and mishandling budget” severely affecting the dignity and respect of the person against the prevailing law. Following are the clarification of INSEC against the fabricated video that was made public.
* After the killing of their 17 years old son Krishna Prasad Adhikari post abduction in 2004 June 6, during an armed conflict, Ganga Maya and her husband Nanda Prasad Adhikari have been struggling in various phases demanding the action against the culprits involved in killing. Showing the solidarity on their demands, immediate past chairperson, Subodh Raj Pyakurel of this organization was continuously active. Nanda Prasad Adhikari died during the hunger strike in 2014 September 22 and his body still remains in TUTH.
* Five points commitment letter that was handed over to Ganga Maya on 2014 October 18 signed by the acting secretary of Ministry of peace, Khum Raj Punjali , in presence of the then law minister Narhari Acharya had mentioned to present accused in court, government to fight for justice, to take action against the criminals living inside and outside the country, to manage treatment and living cost of the family, to give security to Ganga Maya and her elder son Noor Prasad, providing special relief, necessary management for the cremation and other rite of Nanda Prasad and final tribute to Nanda
Prasad by the state. After receiving the commitment letter, Ganga Maya ended her hunger strike on 2014, October 18.
* After two points agreement in 2018 July 13, Ganga Maya agreed to end her 45 days long hunger strike that started from 2018, May29 accusing government on failing to address her demands.
* The agreement stated to establish fund worth of 10 million, to search for her son Noor Prasad, forming one committee with a representative selected by Ganga Maya to monitor the agreement between her and government and bringing the criminals in legal boundary. INSEC had played an important role on making citizenship of Ganga Maya by coordinating with District Administration Office of Gorkha, for the establishment of fund as per point number 1 of the agreement.
* At present Noor Prasad is in prison on charge of vandalism in High Court Patan in 2018 September 23. Police have accused him of being a middle man and vandalizing the court in an unassociated case showing dissatisfaction against the verdict from honorable justice duo Ramesh Pokharel and Shekhar Prasad Poudel of Patan High Court. He had denied several times to present himself in a court, to be as a witness regarding the killing of his brother, despite of several notice given by the District Court of Chitwan.
* Subodh Raj Pyakurel, right activist Charan Prasai, advocate Babu Ram Giri and senior journalist Kanak Mani Dixit are the witnesses of the agreement between the government and Ganga Maya. Witnesses have been given responsibility to monitor the agreement between the state and Adhikari and on this instance, broadcasting objectionable issue of mishandling money is condemnable and conspiring. Media should have at least shown their ethics by including the view of that person who is in allegation. But, the formal view of the organization and the person is not included which shows that this context is fully motivated with malevolent.
* INSEC immediate past chairperson Subodh Raj Pyakurel had played a vital role and deployed himself continuously in course of fighting for justice to Adhikari couple. An entire struggle for the justice by Adhikari couple is chronologically documented by INSEC. INSEC believes that anyone who violates law must be brought under the legal boundary.
* The allegation made by Ganga Maya to the INSEC immediate past chairperson Subodh Raj Pyakurel of manipulating fund is completely baseless. INSEC, that has been working for human rights and social justice since 1991 and presented itself across the country do not need project by selling the name of conflict victims. INSEC confirms that all allegations that were made viral in social media are fabricated, misleading and objectionable.